- City Clerk
The City Clerk is the main secretary for the Clarksburg Mayor and City Council. Council agendas, minutes and legal advertisements are performed by the City Clerk.
During a City election, the City Clerk administers all election issues.
Additional functions performed by the City Clerk and/or office include:
- Maintains an up-to-date index of all ordinances and resolutions and makes copies of all such records available for public inspection.
- Maintains copies of all approved minutes of City Council, as well as city boards, commissions and committees, which are available for public inspection.
- Publishes agendas and minutes for:
- Prepares and administers the "Oath of Office" to all individuals required to take such oath.
- Certifies copies of city ordinances, minutes and other documentation, when necessary.
- Maintains all the City's permanent records.
- Processes all applications for rezoning, abandonment, special exceptions, variances, lot combinations, annexations and abandoned properties.
- City notary for all legal documents.
- Prepares and coordinates all proclamation presentations in conjunction with the Mayor and Council schedules.
- Implements Police and Fire "eligibility" lists.
- Assists mayor with the Mayor's Youth Council.