The City of Clarksburg will again sponsor its annual residential-only Fall Clean-Up this October. Dates and Streets listed below.
Open trucks will be available to take items too large and bulky for normal garbage pick –up. IE: Stoves, washers, dryers, hot water tanks, electronic equipment such as televisions, microwaves or computers, and normal household items.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, and freezers must be properly tagged, noting that all Freon has been professionally removed. Without proof of Freon removal, the above items will NOT be picked up.
- No normal household garbage and demolition /construction material, corrugated cardboard and broken glass (unless the broken glass is boxed or contained so that no one can get cut) will be taken.
- (Limited to one small truck load per residence).
- Vehicle parts, batteries and tires along with liquids (example- paint, sealer and etc.) will NOT be picked up. Auto Zone at 106 W. Main will accept used motor oil. Clarksburg Scrap Metals at 702 N. Ohio Avenue and Nicholson Auto, Inc. at 168 Peck Street receives old vehicle parts and all appliances.
- To take advantage of this FREE service, Clarksburg residents are requested to place items at the curb or in the alley.
- PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ITEMS OUT BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED DAY.
- To view this information on line, go to cityofclarksburgwv.com (site search: Spring Clean Up)
- Small items must be boxed, bagged or tied. Nothing loose will be taken. All containers must be disposable and of a size and weight one man can hoist up into a dump truck bed.
- No materials from contractor’s jobs will be included in this free service. Items not properly prepared will NOT be taken.
- Yard Waste will not be included in this pick up, but will be picked up by our Compost Department truck on the designated day.
Any questions, feel free to contact the Public Works Center at 902 N. 3rd Street or phone (304) 624-1611 or (304) 624-1612.
Pick-up Dates will be 1st, 3rd, & 4th weeks in October.
The three (3) weeks schedule will be as follows
Week 1 (October 3 - 7):
MONDAY -October 3: All of Adamston from North of bridge, Glenwood Hills and Edgewood Areas.
TUESDAY –October 4: Glen Elk I includes N. 5th Street, part of Baltimore, Wholesale, Hogans Lane, Clark, Leggett, Werninger, Ford, and N. 4th Streets; the north side of W. Pike Street from N. 4th Street to the West End Bridge, including Walnut, Hewes, Mulberry, Beech, Birch, Locust, Northcott, Everett, Peck, Gandy, Camden Place, Martha Street and any other side streets normally serviced in these areas. Baltimore and Coleman Avenues, A & B Streets, Point Comfort – all streets on both sides of W. Pike Street to the south side of the Adamston Bridge.
WEDNESDAY –October 5: North View from N. 12th Street through N. 16th Street and all streets in between. This includes Alpha Avenue, all of Richards Avenue, Nulter Alley and all of Pearlman Avenue but excluding Riverside Area.
THURSDAY –October 6: North View from N. 17th Street through N. 21st Street and all streets in between.
FRIDAY –October 7: Northview from N. 22nd Street through N. 25th Street and all of Riverside Addition to Green Avenue. All streets in this area.
NO PICKUP (October 10 - 14)
WEEK 2 (October 17 - 21):
MONDAY – October 17: Lower Stealey Area – Park Boulevard, Fairview, Grove, Kuhl, Upper Davis Street, Hall Street, Nicholas Street back to Hall, down Milford to Lower Hart Street and all streets in between North Avenue, Stealey Avenue, Duff to Hall, Baker, Ridenour, Carpenter, Nicholas, Mine and Ray Court.
TUESDAY –October 18: Middle Stealey Area - Duff from Hall Street up to and including W. Woodland, Waverly Way, John,Temple Terrace, Rodney to Euclid, Ryder, Pick, Simpson, Fittro, Ash, Coolidge, Joseph, Hemsworth Way, Milford Street back to Euclid.
WEDNESDAY –October 19: Upper Stealey Area - Starting at Duncan, Upper Hart Street, West Drive, Winding Way to White Avenue, Lewis, Marion, Baver, King, Collins, Redbud, McDowell, Morgan, Bond, Shinn, and lower section of Davis Street.
THURSDAY –October 20: From Sampson Street, the south side of Milford Street to Liberty Avenue. Hartland Area, Chestnut Hills Area including Kramer Drive, Camden Street, Thorn, Harvey, Custer, Frederick, Dane and streets in this area.
FRIDAY –October 21: From the West End Bridge: all streets on the south side of West Pike and West Main Street – Glendale, Holt, Ferry, Stuart, Sumner, Dale, Washington, Dodge Court, Jasper, Lynch; the sections of Lee, Hornor and all side street up to S. 5th Street; South Chestnut from W. Main to Kramer Drive and all street in these areas. From E. B. Saunders to S. 5th Street; everything on the south side of W. Main Street up to Clifton. Both sides of W. Pike street from E. B. Saunders to 2nd Street; School, Chapel, Sheridan, Gore and N. 1st Street.
WEEK 3 (October 24 - 28):
MONDAY –October 24: Broadway area; Marshall Street to Buckhannon Pike at Haymond Highway; Waldeck, Lang, Spring, Hedge, Rosemont, St. Clair and a portion of Harrison Street and all streets in these areas.
TUESDAY –October 25: Upper Broad Oaks area, Suan Terrace, Arbutus Park and Nixon Plaza, plus any streets in these areas.
WEDNESDAY –October 26: Monticello to Elm – south side of East Main including Maple, Clay, Carr, Despard, Elm, Vermont, Point, Tyler, Howard, Harrison and all streets in these areas. Goff Plaza; all streets on the north side of E. Main Street; E. Pike from N. Monticello to Linden Avenue.
THURSDAY –October 27: Goff Plaza: all streets on the north side of E. Main Street; E. Pike from N. Monticello to Linden Avenue; side streets in the area of Church, Grant, Jackson, Oak, Meigs, Maple, etc.
FRIDAY – OCTOBER 28: Kelly Hill area, both sides of E. Pike from Linden to City Limits; Glen Elk #2; Montpelier Addition and surrounding streets that are in this area. The Hill ‘N’ Dale, Quarry Development and the Oak Mound/Mapleview Apartment areas and Rosebud Trailer Park and the Stoneybrooke Area.