Public Works Overview
- Maintenance of all streets, alleys and right-of-ways in the City.
- Maintenance and installation of storm sewers and drains.
- Grading and stoning all alleys.
- Ditching to control run - off of storm water.
- Removal of snow and ice on city streets and city sidewalks.
- Repair of bridges and staircases.
- Direct the duties of utility inspector.
- Directs residential street cleaning program.
- Direct annual street Paving Program.
- Correct grass, weeds and garbage complaints.
- Demolition of condemned structures
- Correct residential and commercial sewer problems.
- Maintenance of main sewer lines and manholes.
- Installation of new sewer taps.
- Repair of lateral and main lines on interceptor sewer.
- Maintenance of main line lift stations in Clarksburg.
- Repair, maintenance and renovation of offices and buildings.
- Supervise custodians.
- Removal of snow and ice along sidewalks and buildings.
- Traffic signal repair
- Sign making and installation
- Curb, crosswalk and centerline painting
- Installation of handicap parking and loading zones
- Placement of Holiday decorations and special-event banners
- Pavement marking installation
- Installation of parking meters
- Traffic surveys, road counts and detour routes
- Maintenance of civil defense alarm system
- Maintenance of Pre-empt Signal System for Fire Department
- Placement of guardrails and barricades
- Operation of Compost Center
- Coordinate weekly yard waste pick-up from March 1 to November 30
- Tree trimming and removal
- Coordinate Spring and Fall clean-ups and leaf pick-ups (The schedules will be posted on the web)
- Accept Christmas trees at no charge through second Friday of January
Compost Center operating hours:
May - September
8 am - 3 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (closed Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday)
October - April
8 am - 3 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
closed on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Act as Parking System Manager
- Maintenance and control of off-street parking lots and the Hewes Ave. Parking Building
- Maintenance and installation of on-street meters
- Cash key system for parking meter use. (Will be in operation at a later date) Contact Darrel McCune 624-1638
Vehicle Maintenance Program:
- Maintenance of all City vehicles and equipment
- Records of maintenance history for all City vehicles and equipment
- Purchase of all City vehicles and equipment
Street Light Program:
- Coordinate repairs and new installation
- Problems - contact 624-1611 or 624-1612