The Clarksburg Sanitary Board owns and operates an 8 million gallon per day activated sludge water pollution control facility (Wastewater Treatment Plant). The facility consistently meets or exceeds effluent limitations established by the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System Permit.
The facility is staffed with twelve employees consisting of:
- Class IV Superintendent
- Class IV Assistant Superintendent / Pretreatment Coordinator/Safety Director with Collection System Certification
- Class IV Maintenance Director with Collection System Certification
- Class IV Lab Certified Laboratory Technician
- Class I Shift Operator / CSO Inspector with Collection System Certification
- Class II Shift Operator with Collection System Certification
- Class IV Shift Operator / Lab Certified, CDL License and Collection System Certification
- Class I Operator with Collection System Certification
- Class II Operator with CDL License
- 2 Operators in Training (OIT)
The Wastewater Treatment Plant recently completed a $11.5 million-dollar upgrade to its treatment facility and collection system. This upgrade allows the plant to accept up to 18 million gallons per day (MGD) of combined sanitary and storm wastewater. This increases the plants capacity by 6 million gallons per day. The Clarksburg Sanitary Board and the surrounding community has benefited greatly from this upgrade not allowing additional sanitary storm and wastewater into the receiving streams.
Clean Water Act
The City is making great strides towards meeting the requirements of the Clean Water Act as it relates to minimizing combined sewer overflows. It also gives the facility the capacity to handle increased flows which may result from any future growth in the surrounding areas. View more information on combined sewer overflows.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant provides service to approximately 16,500 residential and commercial locations within the City of Clarksburg in addition to 7 satellite locations:
- East View
- Greater Harrison Public Service District
- Nutter Fort
- Summit Park